Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Keegie's Pirate Party

My 4 year olds most recent obsession is pirates. Not even just the Disney show, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, but anything and everything pirate related. So it made total sense to rent a pavillion at the lake and throw him a pirate party!!


There's my little pirate, wearing one of the pirate hats and eye patches that I picked up at Hobby Lobby.




Cannonballs!


Ship Ropes!


Shipwreck Salad! (it was just potato salad)


Ocean Water! (water bottles)


Catch of the day!



The tables were littered with fake gold coins, jewels and jewelry. My 3 year old niece made off with most of that throughout the day though.


Captain Keegan's Tattoo Parlour! This was a major hit with the kids. They all loved getting tatted up!


I thought the banner worked well with the wood table with no tablecloth.


My best friend and I made these maps. We took resume paper, crumpled it up into a ball, smoothed it back out and burned all of the edges. Then we rolled it up and tied it with twine.


Pinata I got at Hobby Lobby. Why are all pinatas these pull string kinds nowadays? I mean come on, most of the fun of a pinata is beating the crap out of it!


Walk the plank! This was also a hit with the kids. I used 2 milk crates, spray painted Walk the Plank across a 2x4 and was supposed to use rope to tie the board to the milk crates for stability, but Keegie hadn't let me get that far yet in this picture.


These were the extra goodie bags I made when I ran out of the better bags.


My grandma found these bags on clearance at TJ Maxx. I love them!



Cannonball water balloons! The kids, and most of the adults, loved these!

And now, the best part of the party, the part I had absolutely nothing to do with except for paying for it, THE CAKE!!




I hope you all enjoyed this post, and maybe got a few ideas from me. All of my ideas came from somewhere on the internet, mostly Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment